About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

things that tick me off

Lately I've been getting annoyed by some of my professors. Class time always runs over and it's really annoying. Heaven forbid class start twenty seconds late, but it's almost a daily occurance that we get out two or three minutes after we're supposed to. Um, excuse me, professor, is your time more important than mine? Ugh, it's frustrating. Especially because they make such a big deal about people being late and how we have to start right on time so we don't waste a single minute. One of my professors always says, "Let's shut the door so we embarass anyone who walks in late." And this is like five seconds before class is even supposed to start. I really don't like him very much...

Other things that annoy me:
-The campus shuttle bus stopping in the middle of the road every day to pick up students. No one can get by. Today the campus security drove around on the right (by the door of the bus) and other people started following and the bus driver got off and stood in the way so no one could pass. If campus security can do it why can't I? Annoying.

-How crowded chapel always is. Give me 30 skips and some of those poor people sitting on the floor can have my chair more often. Can you say "fire hazard"? Chapel also has an annoying tendency to start early and run late. Yes, I agreed to attend, but that was when I was told chapel would be a 30 minute block, not a 40 minute block. So I do homework instead.

-People stopping in the middle of the hallway/doorway/aisle/mail center/etc. to "stop and chat." Get out of the way if you want to talk. Otherwise, move.

-Traffic. Stoplights. Cars that don't move when the light turns green. Buses that stop on the dumb railroad tracks to make sure there isn't a train coming.

-Chewing with your mouth open. Case closed.

-When professors assign about four hours of homework and then never discuss it in class or have it on the exam. What's the point?

This list is hardly comprehensive. Just some things that have been annoying me lately. I probably could have just summed it all up and said "school" but it's more fun this way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment