About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Recipe: Peach Mango Salsa

Baja Sol makes a delicious peach-mango salsa. I eat it every time I go there.

Every time.



There has to be a recipe online somewhere, right? There is. Indeed, there is. I found this recipe at Taste of Home. It's a pretty good replica. The fresh ingredients are AMAZING.



Start with a big bowl. Put in 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes.





Add 1/2 cup chopped red onion.




Add 1/2 chopped yellow pepper.




Add 1/2 cup chopped mango.




Add 2 tablespoons chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 pepper).




Add 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches.

(Apparently fresh peaches aren't in season yet - who knew? I used frozen; it turned out fine.)





Add 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro.

Taste and see if it's sweet enough for you. I found this recipe to not be as sweet as Baja Sol's, so next time I will add a little bit of sugar.




Enjoy with tortilla chips. I think it would be tasty with chicken in a salad. Kind of like a play on taco salad.




One thing to note: It takes forever and a day to chop up all those fresh ingredients. It took me over half an hour to make this salsa. But it was so worth it. YUM! A keeper for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment