About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Lesson on Tuna

Who's ready to learn?

One of my magazines had an article on tuna. My magazines sound fascinating, don't they?

When I was a kid, I used to think that "Chicken of the Sea" meant there was actually chicken in the can.

Well, I figured that out eventually, but there was still a lot I didn't know about tuna.

I always thought that when a can said "albacore" it was some different fish. Nope. Albacore is a type of tuna. And there are sevaral types of tuna. Albacore is referred to as "white" tuna. "Light" tuna can refer to skipjack, yellowfin, bigeye, or any combination. (Who knew there were so many kinds?!)

Also, I thought that tuna were little fish. Not necessarily the case.

Albacore tuna.


Skipjack tuna.


Yellowfin tuna.


So I'm pretty sure I learned five different things about tuna yesterday. My magazines are highly educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment