About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Why I could never...

...live in the Cities for the rest of my life.

Traffic.

You know, in some respects, what they say is true: you get used to it. I have, for the most part. But it's days like today where I realize I would die a slow and painful and bitter death if I knew I had to spend the rest of my life here.

It took me an hour and forty-five minutes to go eleven miles today.

Eleven miles.

Granted, it was a snowstorm. And the plows hadn't been out. And it was already rush hour. But still.

I try not to be one of those freakazoids who spazzes at everyone else on the road for two reasons: (1) it doesn't solve anything, and (2) I once read that people who get worked up about things like that die sooner than people who don't.

I don't want to die young.

No comments:

Post a Comment