About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

an ode to my sheets

I love clean sheets. They are one of my favorite things. I may have mentioned that a time or seven.

I used to wash my sheets every week. I used to clean the house every week, too. But that was back before I had kids. And internet. Kids and internet take up a lot of my free time.

Now that we are living in our own place, with our own washer and dryer, washing sheets is way more convenient than it used to be. I was so excited for it.

But then Easton was born. Easton, with all his crazy skin problems. Easton, who ate in the middle of the night for FOREVER, it seemed to me. Easton, who would come in contact with my sheets. Which meant, unfortunately, they had to be washed in dye-free, SCENT-FREE detergent.

What a sad state of affairs. No more clean-smelling sheets. Instead, they would smell like nothing. Like NOTHING! For about one day, I guess, and then they would smell like formula spit-up.

But now Easton sleeps in his own room, in his own bed, and never comes in contact with my sheets. You know what that means? For the first time in about four years, my sheets can be washed weekly in yummy-smelling detergent. And I can enjoy clean sheets once more.

Let me hear you now..."CEL-E-BRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!"

No comments:

Post a Comment