About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Natalie's Hats

I decided to try my hand at crochet again.

Largely because of Pinterest, I must admit. I saw this one photo of a crocheted hat and thought, "I bet I could do that." Not that I was a master crocheter in my day or anything, but that crochet really isn't that hard. I mean, I learned when I was what, ten?

*Cough, cough* Mistake number one.

I ripped apart the first hat I started so many times. The nice thing about crochet at least, is that you don't waste materials with mistakes. You just pull the yarn apart and start over. I finally gave up on that hat and moved on to another one.

And another one.

Until finally I came upon a pattern (click for link) for this hat:



I ripped it apart a time or two - it didn't help that the pattern I used had errors - but finally got it figured out for the most part. I'm sure there are several mistakes in it, because I had the hardest time counting stitches, something I'm not very good at in the first place. In any case, I was mostly satisfied. I decided to try a different pattern (click for link).




This one was way easier. No fancy stitching, a spiral design, and - best of all - stitch count. A heartfelt thanks to the creator of this pattern for including stitch counts. For beginners like me, they're a life saver.

I think I'll make a hat for myself next.

Disclaimer: Patterns for the above hats belong to their individuals creators, as linked. I do not own, nor did I create, these patterns. Thanks to their creators for making them available.

No comments:

Post a Comment