About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

getting settled

We bought a house.

It has been a crazy couple of months, from making an offer (on the second day the house was listed!) to dealing with getting a mortgage to finally closing on December 12, 2012.

It still seems weird to me that we are homeowners. It probably will for some time, I suppose. Weird, and scary, too. If something goes wrong, we have to deal with it. Much different from renting!

We are still working on unpacking a few things. Carpet in the basement will (hopefully) be installed late this week or early next week. After Natalie took a digger off the couch onto the concrete floor we decided we shouldn't wait too long to get it put in. Then the next week I heard an ad for a $39 installation special so we decided to bite the bullet on that.

The baby's room is almost ready. We still need a mattress and sheet set, but otherwise we are pretty much ready for baby. Physically. I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared. This pregnancy has been a lot harder than my pregnancy with Natalie, though, so I'm ready to not be pregnant. Just not ready to handle a newborn.

Life is settling into a routine. Natalie and I have fairly predictable days at home, interrupted by my weekly trips to the doctor and weekend trips to Brainerd. Otherwise we pretty much spend our time playing inside or out, if it's nice enough, and watching Mickey Mouse, Elmo, or the Backyardigans. Last night I had a dream about the Backyardigans...too much time at home with a young child, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment