About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Devil in the White City


No, not my sister.

Last fall my sister, mom, aunt, and I went on a girl's weekend to Chicago.


Arts, culture, history, architecture, shopping, what's not to love?


I'll tell you what's not to love...the heights.



I think my sister almost peed her pants.



But aside from that, we had a blast seeing the sights and soaking up all the arts/culture/architecture we could. Which I have to say, isn't a lot. Three days was perfect. Give me the lake over a skyscraper any day, but it's still fun to see new things.


Our favorite thing in Chicago was our Segway tour.


And yes, we totally did that. And yes, those people always look ridiculous, but I have to say, it is so.much.fun. (And yes, that is a crown on my sister's helmet.)

During our tour our guide mentioned the book Devil in the White City, a book set in old school Chicago during the World's Fair, and I put it on my mental to-do list. And being that I have so much free time on my hands, I immediately started it.


Not quite.

But I consider the fact I have e-borrowed it from the library a good step in the right direction. Never mind the fact it's still on my computer and hasn't even made it to my Kindle.

I'll get there. On the plus side, the awesome thing about having such an old-school Kindle is that books can only be put on via download, which means my library books never expire, as they are stored on my computer! Does this happen to everyone? Is this a major fail of the e-lending library? Or is it just me and my first edition Kindle benefiting from this lack of technology?

I kind of feel like, why would I ever buy a book again?

Answer: the library doesn't have every book. Sacrilegious!!

But I digress. Devil in the White City. It's on my short list. I'll let you know how I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment