About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, June 13, 2008

chit chat

Hmmm...been a while. What can I say, summer is the busiest season. Work has been going okay; there's been some drama, but what can you do about that except grin and bear it? Other than work I haven't been doing too much lately. Darren has been at AT for two weeks (he comes home tomorrow, yay!) so I've mostly been sitting around. I always tell people I'm boring without him. Not that I'm bored, because I have no problem finding things to do on my own, but just that I'm boring because the things I do on my own include watching movies, reading, baking, and exercising. That's basically it. But I enjoy it. I read a book yesterday that had been sitting in my to-read pile for a while, so that was good. I still have several more. I just have no time to read anything these days.

Oh, so another weight-loss complaint. I tried on my wedding dress for Tina and Char, and it was loose! Dang it, now I'm going to have to pay to get it altered. I didn't think it would be so bad, because it seemed tight when I bought it and I haven't lost that much since then. But then later I was looking at picture from when I tried it on and I could see that a part of it was a little loose, and now it's WAY loose. But once the halter is adjusted I might not need to have the rest fixed. We'll have to see. I'm kind of mad because altering is expensive. Especially something like a wedding gown. Probably should have waited to buy it, but I didn't think I'd have time this summer and next fall seemed too close. Plus with my classes next fall I didn't know how much time there would be. Oh well. Everything will be okay.

It's been really rainy lately and I'm SICK of it. I want the sun! Even though I don't really enjoy just sitting in the sun, I like it when it's nice out. Plus we need to dry up the puddles. I cannot believe how much rain we've gotten lately. At least the lakes will get nice and high. Well, ours is washing out the sand from the shore and causing the dock to get a little tippy, so maybe high lakes isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I've been looking at flights to Grand Cayman and they are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E. Worse, they're going UP. They're about $150 more this week than they were last week! Well, hopefully they go down again, or I am going to be one unhappy camper. As of right now, we can fly there two days early and save about $200 per ticket. Cheaper flights + more time on the island = a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment