About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

on vacation

Oh my gosh, I'm so horrible at blogging. Half the time I forget, and the other half I'm too lazy. Or I really don't have anything interesting to say. That could be it, too...

Summer is winding down. I'm trying to get all these last-minute things in before evil school starts on August 27. I can't believe summer is almost over! It really feels like it hasn't even started yet. Only a couple more weeks and I'll be back at Northwestern. Ugg.

I'm vacationing in Estes Park, Colorado right now. My mom, Darren, and I just spent our first day out here hiking and driving in the park. We saw some really nice elk today. I should put a picture of them on here, but then I would have to get up from my comfortable seat, get my camera, and spend FOREVER getting them on my computer, just to spend another eternity uploading them to this site. Um, probably not.

Darren and I made supper tonight, and I'd have to say I can't cook to save my life. We made spaghetti. Not that hard, or so you'd think. Well, I cooked the noodles so long they started to fall apart when we ate them and eventually formed a mush. Then I was in charge of the garlic bread, but that got burned to a crisp. The list of foods I can actually cook is pretty pathetic: scrambled eggs, fried eggs, and things from a box. (Hamburger Helper, Suddenly Salad, etc.) And don't even get me started on the grill. Not sure I even know how to turn it on...Yeah, it's that bad. I really should learn to cook things. Poor Darren will be stuck making every dinner for us after we get married. I guess I can follow a recipe, because I love to bake. I just need to collect more recipes of actual meals. My friend Tina just throws things together and it comes out fabulous, but hey, she went to cooking school. She can cook. I can read recipes.

We're watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants right now so we can get caught up for the new one coming out this week. Darren is refusing to go see the new one in theaters with us because it's "too much of a girl movie." But here he sits, distracted by the movie. I knew he would watch it with us. He's so funny. He always claims to not like things (like ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, pickels) but then he always ends up doing them (or eating them).

Okay, well I'm getting distracted by the movie, so I'm probably going to just stop and watch it now. But, I WILL be better about blogging more often. And not just with a catch-up list, but with an actual, interesting (hopefully) story/event/life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment