About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

surprise

Guess what people ask when they find out I'm pregnant.

"When are you due?"

Guess what they ask next.

"Are you going to find out what you're having?"

And the answer, my friends, is a resounding NO.

Twice I've gotten this response: "You're crazy!" (And you know who you are...just kidding, love you both!)

But mostly, I get this one: "Good for you!" I'm not always entirely sure what they mean by that, but I choose to view it in a positive light.

I love surprises. Always have. Always will. Especially when I know they're going to be a good surprise. I don't care whether we have a boy or girl. I'm certainly not going to love either one more or less. Nor do I feel like I need to stock up on blue or pink outfits. It's going to be August and I will have onesies. Plus, I'm sure everyone else will go slightly crazy and supply me with enough clothing to last ten children, let alone one.

We also don't need to decorate anything; our place is small and the crib will be in our bedroom. I wasn't planning on putting up a border or anything like that. Every large item we purchase (i.e., crib, stroller, etc.) will be gender-neutral, because it will have to last through all our children.

So since I don't need to know, I don't want to know. I'm one of those people who doesn't like to know their birthday or Christmas presents. And I certainly don't open them up to peek! I love the anticipation of knowing something fun, something exciting, is going to happen, but not knowing exactly what it will be.

Best. Feeling. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment