About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, January 24, 2011

two years

Today my husband and I have been married for two years.

It's been a crazy two years, I'd have to say. Although this past year of marriage went much more smoothly than the first. There was a lot less yelling. And throwing of things. And breaking of pitchers. So, you know...progression. And all that.

I think once you get used to living with someone, and you figure out which battles are worth it, life definitely gets easier. And also, once he got used to me and my crazy ways (and stopped making me be productive when I just wanted to be lazy) things drastically improved. For instance, Darren now knows:

-cereal, nachos, mac 'n cheese, chocolate, and ice cream are all considered an acceptable dinner. You want something else, make it yourself.

-the bed is going to get made every day. Get over it.

-I will expect help around the house occasionally, so you'll save yourself a lot of trouble if you offer before I get mad.

-sometimes I just need to sit on the couch all day and do nothing. It's a fact of life.

-if you want me to buy you something from the grocery store, you had better write it on the list. I'm not a mind reader.

-if you don't want cookies, don't eat them. Stop telling me not to make them. I want cookies.


And, interestingly enough, I have learned the following:

-laundry doesn't need to be put in the basket. Instead, it's okay to throw it on the floor right next to the basket. What is with this, I'll never know.

-asking someone repeatedly if they're angry, will, in fact, make them angry.

-not mentioning that my car belt is squeaking or that my emergency brake light is on or that the car smells like it's about to explode is a grave sin...

-but somehow asking for an oil change is a big, fat joke.

-bad drivers are either women, old, or both. And it's useless to defend my own sex.

-football Sunday's are sacred. Don't ask to watch Pride and Prejudice during the game. Any game.

-frozen pizza is a staple. It's acceptable to eat it every other day. And death to the wife who lets the supply run low.

-Conversely, crazy is the wife who has ten boxes of Hamburger Helper in the pantry.


All I can say is it's been an experience.

2 comments:

  1. There is absolutely, positively NOTHING wrong with your supply of Hamburger Helper. In fact, I'd be upset if you didn't have any Helper in your pantry.

    ReplyDelete