About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

the weird thing about pregnancy

The weirdest thing about pregnancy is the cravings.

Or, in my case, the lack of cravings. Not to say I don't have cravings, but the cravings I have are so different from what I craved before I was pregnant that it's absolutely shocking.

I don't eat chocolate.

It's not that the thought of chocolate makes me sick or anything like that. It's just that I'd rather have a potato. Or some kettle chips. Or a McDonald's burger. Or anything greasy or salty. Preferably both.

Occasionally I'll have a piece of chocolate at work, and I'm not sure if I really want it or if chocolate had just become such a huge part of my existence I think I should eat it whenever I see it. Probably the latter. But I haven't eaten chocolate at home since...since...probably since the day I found out I was pregnant. This past Christmas I ate as many Christmas goodies during the entire Christmas season as I ate in one day the Christmas before.

I even threw out my own Christmas goodies a couple weeks ago because they were still sitting there, frozen as rocks. It's a strange, strange thing, this lack of craving for chocolate.

Normally this time of year I'm stocking up on Cadbury eggs. Both the kind with the gooey center and the solid chocolate kind. You can only get them at Easter, you know.

This year I bought a bag of Starburst jelly beans. Probably if anyone gives me chocolate for Easter Darren will end up eating it. Or I'll bring it to work.

And you know it's weird when I, the person who used to be able to eat a 12 oz bag of M&Ms in one day, give away chocolate.

Although probably I would save any Cadbury eggs in the freezer until I start craving chocolate again. They're fine frozen - trust me.

1 comment:

  1. I was that way with my pregnancy with Callie. It just never appealed to me. But I'm not pregnant now, so you can send me your cadburys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete