About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, March 28, 2011

maternity jeans

Last weekend I finally purchased my first pair of maternity jeans.

They. Are. Awesome.

I had been putting it off for a while, partly because I could, but mostly because I couldn't find any that fit right. They were too short at Target, too big at Burlington Coat Factory, and just plain weird at JCPenney.

And then Darren made me go to Macy's. Let me tell you, there are positive things to be said for spending more money on maternity clothing. They make long jeans. (And regular and petite, but I'm not interested in those.) These jeans fit like a dream. Well, not like a dream - they are maternity pants, after all - but they fit so much better than my old Levi's I kept shoving into. I was long past the point of zipping them (and I've nearly forgotten what it's like to button pants) but they were still hideously uncomfortable.

So now I'm firmly into the maternity pants stage. I seriously doubt I own any more pants I could fit into, since my baby belly really exploded in size in the past two weeks. Every week I tell my husband I'm twice the size I was the week before.

It's probably more like three times the size.

No comments:

Post a Comment