About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mom's homemade pizza

Darren and I love homemade pizza. It's quick and easy, and tastes so delicious. This is how my mom made it when I was growing up. Start with a loaf of frozen bread dough. My mom and I use this brand; it comes four loaves in a package. Sometimes when I forget to get the dough out I'll use the instant package stuff. It's a pretty good second. Place the dough on a plate sprayed with Pam and cover it with Pam-sprayed plastic wrap. It gets sticky.
It takes the dough 4-6 hours to rise (and thaw), so you have to plan ahead a bit. Roll the dough out once it's ready. I use my pizza stone, so I don't grease the pan. I'm not sure if you would have to grease a regular pan. Someone should try it and let me know. And yes, I realize I did a really poor roll job, here.


Bake the crust at 350 degrees for about ten minutes. It will poof up a bit.


I like Ragu pizza sauce.
Spread half the jar of pizza sauce over the baked crust.

Now add whatever toppings you want! We're pretty Plain Jane around here, and just like pepperoni.

Bake at 350 for another 12-15 minutes or so. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment