About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Diapers

Diapers don't have to be expensive.

So far this year I spent $152.53 on diapers and wipes for Natalie. Not too shabby. Especially when I say that she has 558 size 1 diapers, 400 size 2 diapers, and 772 wipes that are still unopened. We also have about one hundred diapers and who knows how many wipes at her changing table.

I started stocking early. Like in March. (Which is part of the reason I have so many size 1s that we probably won't even use on Natalie, and just save them for the next kiddo.) I saved Target and manufacturer's coupons so I could score great deals on diapers. I waited for Target to have specials (i.e., but 2 boxes, get a $10 gift card). Wipes I nearly score for free; generally $0.30-$0.50 a case (64-72 ct) by matching sales with coupons.

Granted, we did get diapers as gifts from several people, pretty much all of her newborn size diapers, and a couple packs of size 1s. My mom also keeps size 1s in stock at her place, so we don't bring any when we go there. If I had to guess, I would say probably 1/3 of all Natalie's diapers have been gifts.

But still, I am impressed on how cheaply we can score name-brand diapers and wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment