About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Tonight I read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to Natalie.




It was one of my favorite books as a child (copywrite 1969!). She seems to like it, too.

And by that I mean she sits there quietly and doesn't whine.

I love to read books to Natalie. I want her to love to read, also, and I've read (hehe) that the more words children are exposed to, through either books or speech, the better their vocabulary. Reading should be fun, not hard. It's important to me that my children enjoy (or at least don't hate) to read.

1 comment:

  1. I love to read to my kids as well. If you want some great books/authors I have a long list!

    ReplyDelete