About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

home for the weekend

I came home yesterday after my last (FINALLY) class of the semester. I have two finals next week--one that I REALLY need to start studying for--and then I'm DONE until next fall. You wouldn't even believe how excited I am. I hauled all my stuff home yesterday and unpacked and organized my room. I have a pile of stuff to go over to the house Darren and I will be living in, so I'm going to have him help me take that over there later. He has drill right now but will be home later tonight.

Last night I watched The Nativity Story and that got me in the Christmas mood. I love that movie. This morning I wrapped some presents which took a while, and it's not even half of them. Mom went over to a friend's house to do their annual Christmas baking, so I'm anticipating a sugar overload later tonight. I did manage to work out this morning, so I guess it's justified. :)

I really want to watch White Christmas today--it's one of my favorite holiday movies--but should start studying for my final. Ugh...so unmotivated. I do have tomorrow and Monday to study. :)

Blair and Trent are out on a drive. They gathered up a bunch of guys (I almost got talked into it) and are trying to drive out this beast of a deer that's injured. I guess it's pretty big, so they all would like to get it. It's kind of funny watching them: they get so intense in their planning of how they want to flush it out and kill it. Oh, the northland. Sad story...I tried to find a Gander Mountain or Fleet Farm in the cities and they're almost as far away as they are from where I live in the middle of nowhere! Crazy. We sure are a different breed up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment