About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

certified

Yesterday was my sixth-month anniversary of working for the Office of the State Auditor.

Which means I've finished the probationary period and am now certified.

Confession: I'm not sure what they mean when they say I'm certified, but it sounds good, right?

And my favorite part is that I can now use vacation hours. Although I probably won't, since I comped 73 hours this year. So yes, that would be 73 hours of mandatory time off. Plus a floating holiday.

I did the math the other day:

-I earn 104 hours of vacation and 104 hours of sick time each year.
-I can comp up to 80 hours during the busy season.
-I get one floating holiday and eleven paid holidays.

That totals to up to 384 hours which equals 48 days.

FORTY-EIGHT days of paid time off.

My job rocks.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Any vacation time, even if you're not going anywhere is NICE :).

    ReplyDelete