About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

baby weight: round 2

I gained a lot of weight with Easton. A lot. Like, really, a lot.

Are you ready for it?

Fifty pounds.

Yikes.

I was a little worried because it took me a long time to lose the 40 pounds I gained with Natalie. Not that I tried very hard, but still, I tried a little, and it took months to lose it. So imagine how long it was going to take me to lose 50 pounds?

I lost thirty pounds in the first week, which made me feel a little bit better about myself. I mean, obviously a lot of what I gained was baby weight and water weight.

And then the next week, nothing changed. I weighed the same I had the week before.

Same story the week after that. So I decided I had lost all the "baby weight" that was going to come off easily, and I was going to have to work for the rest of it. Sad day.

I went on my phone and downloaded a calorie counter app. Lifesaver. It was so easy to use and really helped me notice how much I was eating every day, and how little I actually needed to eat. I've lost 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks.

I still have 10 pounds to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I still have only one pair of jeans that I can button, but it's progress. My goal is to be back to my normal weight by summer.

Speaking of summer...ugh, swimsuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment