About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, March 25, 2013

college savings

Shortly after Natalie was born eighteen - wait, NINETEEN - months ago we started a savings account for college.

Because college is expensive, man. Like, ridiculously. I can't wait to see how much it costs in seventeen years.

Please note the sarcasm.

I have an automatic transfer set up so that every Monday $25 gets transferred from our checking account into Natalie's college savings account. Last week I opened a similar account for Easton. It isn't much, and it takes a long time to grow, but in eighteen years we will have saved over $23,000.

And probably, in eighteen years, that will be enough to pay for one semester.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment