About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

warm and cozy

When we first bought our house I wasn't too sure about the wood stove in the living room. It seemed like a big accident waiting to happen with kids. And a big mess.


But I love it. When I wake up on cold winter mornings and Darren starts a fire, it's wonderful. The upstairs gets nice and toasty.


We have a kid gate around it, which Natalie for the most part ignores. So far we haven't had any problems, and the gate seems sturdy enough to prevent accidents. We keep our heat set at 68-69, so on nights where it gets below zero, it's chilly in the morning. Nothing like a fire to make everything warm and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment