About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

irrational fear

I have an irrational fear of zombie movies. I never watch them unless I can avoid it. Last year Darren took me to see I Am Legend with Will Smith. And I like Will Smith. But I DID NOT know it was a zombie movie and I WAS NOT pleasantly suprised. A couple months ago I sat down to watch Resident Evil on the recommendation of a friend (you know who you are). She said it was good. I turned it off the second that dead girl floating the the water opened her eyes. Talk about being freaked out. Nobody told me it was a zombie movie! (Later I told myself I was being stupid and managed to finish the movie, alternating between hiding under the blanket and closing my eyes.) After I saw The Ring I had nightmares about that creepy girl for weeks. The ones with children scare me the most. I can't even watch scary movie previews in the theater. I close my eyes (and cover my ears if they're way out there) and tell Darren to hit me when it's over. I know, I know, I'm pathetic.

Anyway, last night I had zombie dreams. I'm not sure why since I haven't seen a zombie movie since the Resident Evil mistake. Although I was watching the third season of Alias a couple weeks ago and the very last episode has some minor zombie-like tendencies... Anyway, I kept waking up and thinking to myself "stop thinking about it and you won't dream about it." It didn't work. Every time I went back to sleep I had the same zombie dream. And I kept waking up. (Needless to say I didn't sleep very well for the second night in a row.) The bad thing was I had to go to the bathroom. Okay, don't judge me for this, but I was too scared to get out of bed and go to the bathroom. The zombies would eat me! I don't want to be a zombie! Somebody save me please! So I went back to sleep, and kept waking up, and waking up, and waking up. By then I wasn't sure if I was waking up from the zombie dreams or because my bladder was going to explode. Eventually it was light enough that the zombies would seek cover, so I figured it was safe to go to the bathroom. I slept fine after that. I told you it was irrational.

No comments:

Post a Comment