About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, September 6, 2010

credit report

It's been a while since I wrote my post about checking your credit report (here). Actually, that was the last time I checked mine. So I figured I probably should check it again.

I went to Annual Credit Report (here) to run a quick report. It only takes five minutes, and it's free. You can run three reports per social security number per year using the three different credit bureaus. Last time I ran a report on my SS; this time I ran one on Darren's.

You can use this report to make sure no one is abusing your credit or has stolen your identity. This report will not tell you your credit score, unless you want to pay an additional fee. It will, however, give you the outstanding balances on your credit cards per month for the last year. It also tells you how many requests have been made for your credit history and by which organizations. These requests do not hurt your credit score, and the majority are by those annoying credit card companies that send you "pre-approved" credit cards in the mail.

Hate those things. We each get about two a week. From the same companies. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, for your own protection, check your credit report now!

No comments:

Post a Comment