About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

something i miss

A couple weeks ago I invited two of my old roommates over for dinner. One was recently married. We had a blast catching up on the past, sharing about the present, and dreaming about the future. And we talked about how different it is to live with a man.

Then today I saw something on facebook, written by one of those same ladies, about how much she missed living with girls.

I hear ya, sister.

I miss romantic movie marathons on chilly Saturday mornings.

I miss 2 a.m. gossip.

I miss community closets.

I miss not needing a reason to cry.

I miss exercise without the intent to burn calories.

I miss hugs.

I miss no-special-occasion brownies.

But most of all, I miss girl talk.


So to all my old roommates, I had a blast living with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment