About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

disillusioned

I'm one of those people who weighs myself every day. It helps me stay on track. Although, sometimes when I know it's not going to be pretty, I skip it. But for the most part, every single day.

And some days, I swear a beast from the underworld has come to the land of the living in order to possess my scale. There's no way I weigh that much, right?

Right?!

Occasionally, however, my scale will read so low I know the numbers aren't right. The first couple times this happened I immediately jumped back on in a state of pure elation in order to see those magic numbers one more time.

And then I was disillusioned. Because, in fact, some beast did possess my scale and did cause it to tragically misinform me of my true weight.

So do you know what I do now? Whenever my scale tells me a number that I think is a little too low, I just roll with it. And feel good about myself all day long. Because, hey, there's no reason to put myself through that kind of torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment