About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

cairns

"A cairn is a human-made pile of rocks, often used to mark a path across stony or barren terrain."

Wikipedia.



On the ascent to Sky Pond in Rocky Mountain National Park the trail is marked with many of these cairns, as the path is indistinguishable on the face of the rock. After climbing the waterfall and passing Lake of Glass, hikers continue to climb through rocky terrain, following only these small piles of rocks.





And believe me, if you miss one, you can wander around for a while with no lake in sight.

Kind of like life. Without cairns, or guidance, we end up lost. Searching for the prize while walking in the opposite direction, wondering all the while where it was we went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment