About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

formula: the pros and cons

I love formula-feeding. I loved it with Natalie, and I love it now with Easton.

I don't have to worry about what I eat or when I eat or how much I eat. And yeah, you burn a lot of calories nursing, but you have to eat a lot of calories, too. The best part about formula-feeding (or really, bottle-feeding) is that someone else can feed the baby when I need a break. Or want to sleep all night long. Or get out of the house for a while.


Of course, there are downsides, too. Formula is E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E. There are lots of coupons out there, but still, it's not free like breastfeeding. And also, the stains. Oh, the stains. Formula stains everything. EVERYTHING. No matter how much I treat the stains, how long I let clothes soak, or how clean they look before I put them in the dryer, when I take them out, BOOM. Formula stains. Stains are a personal pet peeve of mine. I work really hard to keep all of Natalie's cute clothes free from ketchup and dirt stains. But poor Easton...everything he has worn has formula stains around the neck. There's no getting over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment