About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, February 25, 2013

staying at home

I have loved staying home with my kid/kids these past two months. It's nice to have time to get things done during the day, and to spend time hanging out and playing with Natalie. But it's definitely a different life than going to work. Things are slower, more relaxed, and way less interesting to the average person. The other night I was thinking about just how different everything was...

I always have exciting stories for Darren about how I changed the battery in the smoke detector or spent ten minutes scrubbing soap scum out of the tub.

I consider it a major accomplishment to get a shower in before 8:30am. This has happened exactly one time since Easton was born. For reference, I get up at 6:45 or 7:00, but don't have time to shower until 8:30.

I plan out my day in reference to nap times and awake times. Or perhaps loads of laundry.

I can wash bottles with my eyes closed. And change diapers.

Speaking of diapers, one day I counted how many I changed. It was a lot.

The highlight of my day is naptime. Or maybe bedtime. Or maybe the Swiss Cake Roll I eat after lunch...

But, I love it. Now if only we were millionaires and I didn't have to go back to work eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment