About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

sleep deprivation

When Natalie was 8 weeks old, she started sleeping through the night.

And not just the clinical definition of 6 hours...oh, no. She slept ten hours. TEN HOURS. It was amazing.

But Easton, oh, Easton. He is so far from sleeping through the night it's ridiculous. I have no idea what's up with him. He is such a big baby, he should have been pulling 7-8 hour nights several weeks ago already.

It's not fun. Not fun at all. And I'm at a loss. I hate to just let him cry, even though I'm SURE he doesn't need to eat every four hours at night. I mean, that's ridiculous. He weighs 13 pounds! I have noticed, however, that he takes really good naps in his swing. I'm tempted to stick him in it tonight and see how well he sleeps. Is he waking because he is hungry? Or is he just waking because he is a terrible sleeper and decides he needs to eat while he's up? I tend to think the latter. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment