About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, March 13, 2009

ready for the weekend

What a long and boring week. Work has been pretty slow, although I did have a little bit of a project today. And on Wednesday I did too, I guess. But still it just drug by. I think it's because I haven't worked a five-day week in a while. Last week I missed two days (one I was sick, one I was in the cities) and the week before I missed a day to go to Iowa. I've been spoiled with no five-day weeks. :) At least this one is over. And in 12 days we're going to Grand Cayman! I've been checking the weather and it looks nice and toasty. In the 80s every day for the next 15 days! :)

Darren has drill this weekend but my sister will be home so it will be fun to see her. I'm also planning on doing a lot of organizing. That blog has been getting to me and I've been feeling the need to just get rid of a bunch of stuff. I was reading online yesterday about common excuses for not getting rid of things and decided I'm not going to play games with myself anymore. If I don't LOVE it, it's gone! Also applicable to shopping. A friend and I went last night after work and I got some cute stuff at Target (some of which I should have tried on). I was showing Darren last night and I though, "You know, this is just okay. I don't love it enough to wear it all the time and I really can't justify it." So now I have a pile to return. But I'm really trying to get better about not wasting money. (All that coupon clipping came in handy last night--I saved quite a bit at Target and Cub!)

Speaking of Cub, they tricked me last night--twice! I needed some mustard and saw that if I bought two I'd get a $1 off coupon for my next shopping trip. Well, mustard never goes bad, plus it was on sale so I figured, what the heck. I grabbed two and continued shopping. Then I also had a coupon for Ball Park franks BOGO free. And those suckers are spendy (and delicious!), so I was pretty excited. Grabbed those and kept on shopping. We get up to the checkout and the kid tells me I can't get the Ball Parks because the coupon is for "beef" franks and I got "meat" franks. Okay, like they really have beef in them anyway??!! They're probably the exact same. So annoying! And I wasn't about to go back and grab two more clear on the other side of the store. Ticked me off. And then on the way home I realized I didn't get my $1 off coupon! Ugh. Stinking Cub.

On the plus side, I got some cream at Cub last night so I could make homemade ice cream this weekend. The snow will most likely be gone soon so it's probably about my last chance. I can do it with ice but it's not as easy. Plus Darren's birthday is Monday so we can have homemade ice cream then. Mmmm...so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment