About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Why I Love...

Pearls.

alternative text


I'm having an affair with my pearls. Shhhh...no one tell my husband.

I love pearls so much. They're so versatile. I can wear them with anything.

Anything, I tell you. I wear them with jeans and I wear them with dresses. I was going to wear them for my wedding but they didn't go well with my halter straps. However, I did buy a new necklace for the wedding with a swirly-diamond thing and it had drop pearls. But, moving on.

I got this wonderful pearl necklace from my husband for my 21st birthday. It's Mikimoto which is, according to the saleswoman, the Wedgewood of pearls.

If you don't know what Wedgewood is...Mikimoto is the Tiger Woods of pearls. And for heaven's sake go here and educate yourself!

It's a crime to not know Wedgewood. But that's another post for another time. My goodness, am I ever distracted today.

Pearls. Focus.

alternative text


The cute clasp on my pearl necklace. And I should have removed it from the box so you couldn't see the snaps holding it down. But oh well.

alternative text


My pearl and diamond earrings. I bought these for myself on Valentine's Day in 2006. Yes, it's a little sad. But if no one was going to buy me flowers or chocolate I was going to buy myself some jewelry, dang it. And I never regretted it. I love these earrings.

That's the extent of my real pearls. I do have several fake ones as well, including this amazing ring.

alternative text


I love how huge and eye-catching it is. Besides the ring I have three or four sets of fake pearl earrings, ranging in size from the head of a pin to the nail on my pinkie finger. I love those huge ones.

Did you ever watch Pepper Dennis? It was only on TV for about four episodes in fall 2005 before it was cut. Well, Pepper Dennis had big pearl earrings. I went out and bought some right after that episode. I think it's safe to say Pepper Dennis inspired my love for pearls.

I've never been one for a lot of diamonds. I have my engagement ring and wedding bands, of course, and a pair of swirly diamond-and-some-kind-of-black-stone-earrings Darren gave me for Christmas, but other than that, nada.

Correction: I did own a diamond bracelet my mother gave me for Christmas and a pair of diamond earrings she gave me on a different Christmas, but they were stolen.

And even though they caught the woman and she was in jail for a while, I somehow never received my jewelry nor did I ever receive restitution, despite a trial, mounds of paperwork, and months of waiting. So much for the Roseville PD. Someday I will write a post about my room being ransacked and my things being stolen and my frequent calls to the police department. But not today. Today I am writing about pearls.

Did I mention I love pearls? No? I love pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment