About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, August 3, 2009

District Champs!

We had a softball tournament all last weekend in Fergus Falls. I brought my camera and tried to get some good action shots. Unfortunately I either kept missing them or my camera kept focusing on the fence. I did get a couple decent ones out of the 269 that I took. No, I'm not kidding.

Also, please be advised that blogger makes my pictures look horrible. I'm not sure why. Maybe I have the width-to-height ratio wrong, but they always look very strange. Kind of like there are a bunch of little pixels that are all kinds of messed up. Just floating around with no purpose at all. The way digital pictures used to be seven years ago.

So, please be advised that blogger makes my pictures look as though I took them with a 1.7 mega-pixel camera from 2002.

This is, in fact, not true.

alternative text


This was Darren's favorite picture. I actually took this one at their regular game Thursday night before the tournament. It's so gray-looking because of the fence. You'll just have to bear with me until I can afford Photoshop.

alternative text


Darren at bat Thursday night.

alternative text


Darren's dad, Pat, batting Thursday night. I like this picture because you can see the ball. You have no idea how hard it is to get the ball in the picture. Only happens about once every 50 pictures.

alternative text


My last picture on Thursday night. Darren was getting tired of me snapping away at him so I had to stop. Then, of course, he wanted to look at all the pictures later and mentioned how few good ones I had.

Typical.


alternative text


Ground ball to third.

alternative text


One of my favorites, a double-play at third and first.

alternative text


At bat.

alternative text


Out at third!

alternative text


I've been informed that my husband has good form.

Like I know anything about that.

I'm too much of a girl.

alternative text


My father-in-law, Pat, running to second. Darren plays on his team.

alternative text


During one of our breaks. I thought I was going to get in trouble for this picture, too.

He sort of has that look about him...

alternative text


We camped at Maplewood State Park during the tournament. Pat was supposed to be starting the fire for s'mores. I think he really just wanted to play with the lighter fluid.

What's not to love about lighter fluid?

alternative text


My in-laws. They're a hoot. :)

Hoot. Do people say that anymore? Maybe I should have said they're hilarious. Or awesome. Or wild and crazy.

They're wonderful, at any rate.

alternative text


Me and the hubby. No, I'm not sure why my hands are on his head, but I'm tempted to say it was because he was misbehaving.

I could bore you with more photos of the next day's games, but I'll only force you to see one more softball picture.

alternative text


They took first in the District.

Great job guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment