About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

She Can Always Make Me Laugh

Last night I found an old letter my sister had written to me. We were both in college and planning on coming home for the weekend. She was a freshman and didn't have a car yet, so I had picked her up earlier in the day and left her in my dorm room while I went to my last class. We were planning on leaving immediately afterwards.

When I got back to school on Monday I found this note hidden in my desk.


alternative text


It says:

Dearest Sister,

I'm all alone in your room without much to do. I can't find the CD's and the cord doesn't go into my computer. I already shut yours off (bad decision!) so now I'm becoming in touch with my creative side, by drawing you signs and such. Also, I ate some mac & cheesy & hot dog. Thanks for that! And I really wish you had some chocolate, I'm craving it hardcore. I'm sure you do somewhere, but where? I can see some Junior Mints, I've been eying (?) them up for some time now, but I'm pretty sure they're Christine's. It's taken all my willpower not to devour them just this second. I scared one of your rommies real bad, she thought she was in the wrong room! Ohh if you coulda seen the look on her face, it was priceless. I'm contemplating on cracking open your "Intermediate Accounting" book, that's how bored I am. I forgot all my homework in the car of course, so I'm stranded in this strange Finding Nemo empire without a sense of direction. Oh Lord, help me! I mean wait, can I say that on Northwestern premises? If not, pray for my forgiveness. Too bad your bed is full of CRAP, or I'd get a little shut eye. Hopefully Darren is excited, he let me know how much he's missed me this past week! Those darn boys, can't swat them off fast enough! Alright, anywho, I'm running out of room, oh how I wish I could keep writing. Ahh! For some reason that sentence made me feel like I belong on Pride and Prejudice. Seriously, I must crack open my Bible and see where it takes me. Hope all is well!

Sincerely,

ALEXIS JOY FISHER (BUNDY)


She can always make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment