About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

for real??


I just went through a pile of mail from yesterday and found a letter from World Financial Network National Bank. What a mouthful, huh? It looked like junk and I almost threw it away but decided I had better open it, just to see. It was a massive piece of paper covered with tiny little words. Looked like a credit card agreement.

Indeed, it was. Sort of. At the top it said:

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WORLD FINANCIAL NETWORK NATIONAL BANK (WFNNB) CREDIT CARD CUSTOMERS REGARDING CHANGES TO YOUR VICTORIA'S SECRET CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT

Then it said a bunch of other mumbo-jumbo I couldn't comprehend. I swear, they intentionally make it impossible to understand. I almost chucked it in the trash thinking it was just talking about raising my APR when I saw this:

"Other Fees and Charges, Processing Fee. There will be a $1.00 processing fee for every paper statement you receive."

You have got to be freaking kidding me. I'm not going to pay a company to send me a bill. How ridiculous is that? And what bad business. I called and cancelled my Victoria's Secret card right then and there. I spent four minutes listening to an automated system but at least I didn't have to talk to anyone and have them try to sell me their credit protection service. VS is notorious for trying to sell their credit protection service. I hate it. Every single time I call. But this time all I had to do was punch a couple numbers on my phone and BOOM, cancelled. It was kind of nice. Although I'm bummed I have to cancel a long-standing card, because that's not fantastic for my credit. Oh well, I certainly wasn't going to pay them to send me a paper statement.

Go ahead and laugh at me freaking out about a company trying to charge me an extra buck. I realize it's only one dollar, but it's the principle of the thing. If they want to charge me to do business with them, they can just forget it! Not like I don't pay enough for their products already. Jeepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment