About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

it's that time of the year

Budgeting time.For those of you who don't know Fund Accounting, disregard.

For those of you who do...also disregard. Who wants to think about Fund Accounting?

Nevertheless, the beginning of the year is when budgets are made. Or at least thought about for five seconds.

I think I'm the only one in the Twin Cities who keeps a budget. Buy hey, I'm a nerd. What do I expect?

Not only do I keep a budget, I created my own in Excel.

Have I mentioned I love Excel?

Coming from someone who did their wedding guest list in Access, a database program, the fact I love Excel should come as no surprise to you.

Last year I went online to get a downloadable budget from Microsoft. It was uglier than sin. I decided I didn't want to look at that for the next year, so I made a new one. It's beautiful. I love it.

I wanted to upload it but as it turns out I can't upload files to Blogger. What a pain in the tush. However, if you would really like a beautiful budget for yourself, let me know and I'll email it out to you.

You know you want one. You're just worried other people will make fun of you.

They will.

Don't be embarrassed about what other people think. I'm not. That's why I'm an accountant.

No comments:

Post a Comment