About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

groceries

I used to love grocery shopping. Love it. That was then.

This is now. Now, I'm less of a fan. I still love to get the good deals, but just knowing I have to drag myself all the way (all three minutes of the way) to the grocery store is enough to make me want to hide in the closet and not come out until we run out of food. In two years.

Darren offers to go do the weekly shopping, but I'm afraid of the consequences of that. We went grocery shopping together last week and got in an argument in the store. He wanted to walk every aisle. I wanted to get in and get out.

I used to be an aisle-walker. Back when I used to enjoy grocery shopping.

Anyway, here's what I bought this week at Cub:

Milk $1.78 gallon with in-ad coupon

Boneless Chicken Breasts $3.99 for 3lb bag, limit 2

Green Giant frozen boxed veggies, $1.00
Use $0.50/2 coupon here
Final price: $0.75 each

Progresso Vegetable Classic soups $0.48, buy 6
Use in-ad coupon
Use two $1.10/3 coupon here
Final price: $0.11 each
I love Progresso soups. I eat a can for lunch about two days a week. Unfortunately the coupon is limited to the vegetable soups but I really like the Minestrone so that's what I got.


And at Target:

Betty Crocker box cake mixes, temporary price cut $0.78
I'm not sure if this was just my Target or nationwide. And it didn't appear like it will be a week-long sale, so don't hold your breath. But if you're in Target, check them out. I use yellow cake mix to make cookies so I go through cake mixes pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment