About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, May 7, 2010

alarm clock

My body has turned into an alarm clock.

I'm a pretty scheduled person, and since I have to get up around 5 am for work I tend to hit the sack about 9 pm every night. Day in, day out. It gets easier the more I get used to it. I was worried at first because I used to sleep close to 9 hours a night. My last semester at school I swear I slept more than I ever have before in my life.

But my body is slowly getting used to sleeping for around 8 hours a night. In fact, I usually end up sleeping for about 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Maybe you can guess what has happened to me...

Now, on the weekends, when I don't have my alarm set and I know I don't have to get up for anything, I always wake up 7 hours and 45 minutes after I went to sleep the night before. No matter what time I went to sleep.

That means I woke up at ten to six this morning. On my Friday off. Which doesn't really bother me, since I like to be up early and get things done, but it's the principle of the thing. I'm still kind of tired but after lying (laying?) in bed for another 15 minutes without falling asleep, I gave up. It's kind of annoying when you want to sleep in but your body won't let you.

No comments:

Post a Comment