About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

you know how?

You know how sometimes certain things will remind you of a specific moment in time?



Like how the smell of Banana Boat reminds me of sitting on the beach at Poipu, roasting to a crisp and laughing with friends.


Like how any Taylor Swift song reminds me of sophomore year of college and falling in love.


Like how any mention of duck hunting reminds me of my father.


Like how shelling peas reminds me of a warm summer day spent in the air-conditioned house at my grandparents.


Like how baby geese remind me of the smell of the hallway in my aunt's old apartment building.


Like how snapping turtles remind me of my sister freaking out while swimming in Scribner.

No comments:

Post a Comment