About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August

I can't believe it's August. How have seven months of the year gone by already? I feel like it should still be April. Actually, I've felt like it should be April since, well, April. So four months of April so far this year. And I'm still in it. Maybe I could progress to May by now.

Mental distraction: Are you one of the people who knows all months and their corresponding number by memory, or are you one of the people who has to count? I know them; my husband counts. Just wondering...

You know what's really weird? On the 24th we'll have lived in our apartment in the cities for a year. A YEAR. That's crazy. But so is life.

There are only five months left of the year. In one month summer will be over and all the kiddies everywhere will be going back to school.

In two months I'll be in California and Nevada, and the days will be shorter and cooler. And crisp. Don't you just love fall? I love the leaves, and football, and hot apple cider, but mostly I love the crispy air. Just can't get enough of it.

In three months there could be snow. We'll be thinking turkey and watching the parade, eating pumpkin pie.

And in four months it will be the Christmas season. Red and green, sparkly lights, love and laughter. Christmas is my favorite time of year.

And then it will be 2011 and we'll start it all over again. And very likely, I'll still think it should be April.

No comments:

Post a Comment