About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

my purse

I've been lugging my purse around for the past several weeks without taking the time to go through it.

Occasionally it needs some weeding out. True story.

Today I realized how heavy it's getting. And that I walk with my purse shoulder hitched up higher than my other shoulder to compensate for it.

Not attractive.

I weighed my purse tonight. It weighs 5.4 pounds. Which isn't too heavy, as far as things go, but try walking around the streets of Duluth every day with five and a half pounds dragging your arm down and you'll get tired of it too.

I know you want to know what's in my purse.

You're on the edge of your seat, I'm sure. What could possibly be in there that's making it so heavy, you might ask.

Well, I'll tell you.

-two packs of Stride gum
-five bobby pins
-hair clip
-set of keys
-State ID
-two chapsticks
-a mini notebook my awesome friend Laura made for me
-sunglasses
-planner
-a full-size deodorant (I forget to put it on a lot...)
-pepper spray
-ibuprofen
-liquid hand sanitizer
-another set of keys
-compact
-two paperclips
-hand lotion
-two pens
-hand wipe
-wallet, which is pretty heavy itself, though it only has five cents (not joking)
-envelope of cash from a shopping trip
-jump drive
-work keys
-mini lint roller
-book of matches
-comb
-oil-absorbing sheets (for my face)
-floss
-another book of matches (didn't even know I had two)
-powder concealer
-five dried up hand wipes, which I'm throwing in the garbage now
-three band aids
-packet of cold pills
-eight more bobby pins, in a different location
-make that nine
-fingernail clippers

And she's empty. It didn't seem like that much until I listed it all on here. Probably better get going on cleaning that out some...tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment