About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, June 4, 2010

venison fajitas

I can never resist buying peppers when they're on sale. Which they were this week. And the only thing I ever do with peppers (other than chop them up and throw them on a salad) is make fajitas.

So I did.

You should, too.

alternative text

Chop up some peppers. I did half a pepper of each color, and that was enough for Darren and me. You'll want to cut them into strips, not chunks. Although I don't know why. You could do chunks if you wanted.

alternative text

Chop up some onion, too.

alternative text

Saute the veggies with a little olive oil.

alternative text

Start your meat at the same time. I used cut up venison chops that Darren had put in marinade that morning.

alternative text

Grate some cheese. Or, if your husband allows you to buy pre-shredded cheese, get that out of the fridge. And thank your lucky stars you don't have to shred cheese every time you need it.

Although, to be fair, I really think it tastes different. Less "preserved."

Heat up some tortillas while you're at it.

alternative text

Put in the veggies, meat, and cheese, and whatever else you so desire. We like lettuce and salsa, and Darren puts sour cream on his.

Mmmm...yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment