About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why I Love...

...the Pampered Chef Microplane Adjustable Grater.




I made chicken ceasar wraps for supper last night. I love chicken ceasar wraps. I just cook up some chicken and bacon, mix it with some onions, lettuce, ceasar dressing, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Wrap in a tortilla shell and you're good to go.

Except when you just about slice your finger off trying to grate parmesan cheese...

Well, not anymore. Not with this fancy piece of genius. I love that it has a handle to hold the cheese, and the slider has grips so it stays on the grater, which is really nice. The cheese is very finely shredded, which is perfect for parmesan. I usually use my Rotary Grater for parmesan, but that works better for a parmesan cheese topping, while the Microplane Adjustable Grater works better for grating a pile of cheese to put in something.

Glad I bought it. Those wraps were delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you should be a consultant! I'm glad you like it. We really like ours a lot. I've been using it for Parmesan over salads, but I think it is so fun that I get carried away and shred way too much. Also, seriously, if you can't get your cutting board to be clean you should let me know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll let you know. I tried some baking soda and vinegar but it didn't seem to work. But I didn't really scrub very hard either. So I'll probably try that again, and then some bleach. Also I've heard using vinegar and letting in sit in the sun. Or maybe that only works for clothes...

    ReplyDelete