About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

apartment hunting

Darren and I have sort of started thinking about/looking at apartments for this fall. He originally wanted to live in the U married housing because it was supposed to be pretty cheap, which it was. Unfortunately it was only 382 square feet. Sick. So that got thrown out the window. I've been looking at some different apartments today and I did find this one that I really like. It also appears fairly reasonable and somewhat close to both our schools. It's larger, which is good, because I don't think I could handle living in a 382 square foot apartment for two and a half years. A semester, yes. But anything more than that is just too long. There were a couple others I liked, but the Wheelock Parkways was definitely my favorite.

We'll have to move into an apartment the 3rd or 4th weekend in August. Darren has a military thing from the 28th to the 11th of September, so he'll be gone for those two weeks. My school starts the last week in August, so it just depends on how much time we want to settle in. I hope rent can be prorated so we don't have to pay for the whole month of August when we won't be living there, but I have my doubts.

Darren's gone tonight at another tree conference up in Cloquet so I'm all alone again. I was planning on going home and exercising and then cleaning the house but I woke up this morning with a sore throat and just am feeling really tired and out of it, so I'm not sure if all that will happen. I'll probably just go home and lay on the couch reading and watching movies. I did just clean the house last Wednesday and I like to clean it every week, but with us being gone Thurs-Sun it didn't get that dirty. Plus we have Blair's dog Buddy there with us right now until he and Mom get back from Hawaii and it feels useless to clean when there's a dog in the house. I'll probably just clean the toilets and wait on the rest. We don't have a water softener so the toilets always look dirty. It's annoying. Speaking of which, I need to buy some Iron Out for the laundry...my whites are getting dingy and I'm too impatient to wait until I have a whole load of whites that I can bleach. No, I don't separate my laundry. Bad, I know, but I've never had a problem until this annoying iron-y water. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment