About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, February 16, 2009

weekend

I hate how fast the weekends go by. And it's not like we did a ton of stuff, we mostly just sat around. But it still went by way too fast. Friday night we made a big dinner of meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes, yummy. We watched some Friends and just kind of relaxed. We did run over to my mom's quick so she could give Darren the low-down on fixing the fire for the next two weeks while she and Blair are in Hawaii, lucky duckies. Also ran up to Godfrey's and bought stuff to make cheesecake...mmmm...Oh, all day Friday I never even realized it was Friday the 13th...kind of weird since I was at work and writing the date down on stuff. I didn't notice until this morning but I guess nothing bad happened so oh well.

Valentine's Day we got up and made a big breakfast of blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs, and bacon and kind of just hung around all morning and baked our cheesecake. We packed up some pop, chips, and hotdogs and went snowshoeing out behind our place since it borders the foothills. We had a little fire and roasted hotdogs. I haven't had hotdogs over the campfire since last summer, so it was fun. I did get a little cold while we were just sitting there, though. Darren made another batch of jerky when we got back and I took a warm shower and read my book. For Valentine's Day dinner we stayed in and had chicken kiev, rice, salad, and peas with our cheesecake for dessert. We drank a whole bottle of champagne and I never felt a thing until I just about fell asleep standing up. It just conked me right out. We finished up that cheesecake yesterday...good thing it was only a half recipe.

Yesterday we were lazy again and stayed home from church. We pretty much sat on the couch. My brother came over around lunch time and I did his laundry for him since Mom is gone. Darren went ice fishing with his boss in the afternoon and I relaxed and then did a new workout video, which I actually kind of liked. I got on the scale afterwards and it was not good (darn all that cheesecake!) so I'll be hitting the workout and slimfast pretty hard the next couple of days. Ugh. I'm bad at losing weight...

We don't have any plans for tonight. I put a roast in the crockpot this morning so at least I don't have to worry about dinner. I do really need to exercise when I get home from work. I've just been so tired lately. Not sure what's wrong with me. Sometimes I go through weird phases where I sleep a lot and then others where I don't sleep at all. I'm just like that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you are doing really good at making dinners every night! I try but I just get frustrated because I can't decide what to make and by the time I remember it's too late to start anything good and we resort to frozen pizza or something :-P I am going to make a chicken bake tonight though with cream of mushroom and stuffing - yum! Oh and I can't believe you guys roasted hot dogs in the middle of February! As for the haircutting, I will certainly give you some tips. But the biggest thing is Darren needs to be patient with you because it takes a lot of trial and error :-P See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I'll be stopping by for some of that cheesecake;) What workout video did you do?? I just ordered a new one called the "30 Day Shred" that I'm pretty pumped to do in addition to Turbo Jam. I still can't do anything for 4 weeks, though, so it'll be awhile.

    ReplyDelete