About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

is it monday AGAIN?

This morning felt like a Monday. It was just one of those mornings. I was SOOO tired when the alarm went off and I woke up with a headache so I hit the snooze for almost an hour while Darren kept yelling at me to get up. Finally he said he had to go so I went downstairs to kiss him goodbye and then went and slept on the couch for a while. I finally forced myself to get up and work out and I thought it was going to kill me. I managed to get ready for work but was already late before I left home. I had to take Darren's truck today and when I walked out the door I realized the codes for the post office boxes were in my car, and I had to stop and get the mail since my mom is gone. So I drove to Darren's work and my stupid key wouldn't turn in the car door (better check into that later) but then I realized it was actually MY keyring with Darren's truck starter hooked on. So I used my power-unlock to get in the door and get the codes. I drove over to the post office and managed to open the boxes on the first try. There was a ton of mail since there wasn't any yesterday, and I hit my head on the truck trying to get in without dropping it. It hurt and messed up my hair. When I went to put on my seatbelt before I left the post office it was stuck. Like when they lock when you slam on the brakes. Only it was so tight I couldn't get it around me. And that's when I started swearing. Sorry God. So I squished myself into the seat and pulled as hard as I could and strapped myself in there. Only then I couldn't move much of anything, so I undid the buckle and threw the seatbelt off of me (it hit the window so good thing it didn't crack) and said "screw it." Out loud to myself. Then I drove off to work where someone had made cupcakes and brought them in so I felt a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment