About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

weekend in Iowa

We went down to Iowa to visit Chris and Courtney for the weekend. It was tons of fun. We went bowling, played some laser tag, went ice skating, and ate a lot! The drive was pretty brutal, but we left really early on the way home Sunday (got up at 5:20!) and made it home around 3 after stopping in Brainerd at Target and Cub. We wanted to get home pretty early and still have time to relax and unwind before work on Monday. I'm glad we got up early and left, plus I slept the first two hours and Darren drove, so it definitely worked out well for me. We got IHOP when we left and it was GOOD. Yummy french toast.

Last night Darren's mom and grandparents came over for dinner and we watched Fireproof. I had seen it in theaters but it was everyone else's first time. We all really liked it. Tonight we're just going home and relaxing and heading over to my mom's for some hot tub time. We've been married for one month today, which is so crazy. I can't believe it's been a month already!

No comments:

Post a Comment