About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Band of Brothers



Darren and I have been watching Band of Brothers for the past week or so. It was a miniseries put out by HBO in 2001 detailing the lives of several members of Easy Company.

I have a new respect for war veterans. I cannot even imagine going through the things depicted in this series. It is literally hell on earth. At the beginning of each episode are clips from interviews with still-living Easy Company veterans. I look at them and listen to them and am amazed by what they have survived.

I couldn't do it. I have neither the courage nor the strength of character to have survived something like that. Every episode I watch I thank God for all those who are braver than I, both past and present, and who are willing to give their lives for the benefit of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment