About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Love Coupons

I had some luck yesterday with all my coupons and sales. Here are the highlights.

Target

Drano reg. $3.84
$0.55 coupon on bottle
Final price: $3.29--I was pretty excited about this one. We really needed some Drano for the bathroom and there aren't really coupons for it.

Market Pantry 2.5lb frozen chicken, sale $6.00
This wasn't a fantastic deal on chicken but we've been out for several weeks, and I refuse to pay full price for it. Consequently, I bought four bags.

Betty Crocker tub frosting, sale price $1.00
$0.50 coupon here
Final price: $0.50--What a deal! The frosting is select varieties and is on sale until April 3rd.

Colgate toothpaste, sale $1.00
$1.00 coupon from coupon book
Final price: FREE

Ziploc sandwich bags, reg. $2.69
$1.00 coupon (from I don't-know-where)
$0.50 Target coupon from coupon book
Final price: $1.19

Total Target savings: $27.06
Sale price savings: $23.01
Coupon savings: $4.05

I hit some great sales at Target; nearly everything I needed was on sale, so that was lucky.


Cub

Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, select varieties, sale $1.78

Szeschuan sauce, reg. $2.69
$1.00 coupon on bottle
Final price: $1.69--We go through this fast so I bought three bottles.

Tyson Honey BBQ Anytizers, sale $2.99
$1.50 printable coupon (from Target's website)
Final price: $1.49 (Sometimes those checkout people will give you some hassle if your coupon says Target on it, but as long as it's a manufacturer's coupon you can use it anywhere.)

Clementines, sale $2.98

Milk, sale $1.98
It's not unusual for me to buy three gallons of milk every week, so I love it when milk is on sale.

Dove Heat Defense Therapy spray, reg. $4.19
$1.20 Cub coupon
$1.00 manufacturer's coupon
Final price: $1.99--great deal!

Wonder bread, Cub weekly coupon, $1.89

Total savings: $8.32
Sale savings: $2.82
Coupon savings: $5.50

Total savings for the day: $35.38
Total coupon savings for the day: $9.55

No comments:

Post a Comment