About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Target Coupons

I got some great deals at Target today. Some of my coupons came from a Target coupon booklet I received in the mail, but the rest came from my favorite coupon sites, which are listed on one of the side panels of my blog.

I went to Target at 8 am this morning, right as the doors were opening. It was so nice and quiet! I'll definitely be doing that again.

Here's what I found:

Lysol bathroom cleaner, sale $2.69
Used $1.00 off Target coupon (booklet)
Used $0.50 off Lysol coupon (which I've had so long I'm not even sure where it came from anymore)
Final price: $1.19

Stride gum 3-pack, sale $1.99
Used $1.00 off Target coupon (booklet)
Final price: $0.99

M&Ms, sale price $2.69
Used $1.00 off Target catalina coupon (A catalina coupon is one that prints out of the cash register after you've made a purchase. A lot of the time you'll get a coupon for an item you've just purchased. Also I get a lot of Brita coupons--what's up with that?)
Final price: $1.69--great deal!

Hershey brand bag candy, sale price $2.89 (I bought Cadbury solid chocolate eggs and Reese's eggs)
Used $2.00 off WYB 3 coupon here
Final price: $2.22 each--Not the world's greatest deal, but not too bad either.

Hillshire Farms Lil' Smokies, sale $2.49
Used $1.00 Target coupon (booklet)
Final price: $1.49

Kraft dressing, sale $1.99
Used $1.00 WYB 2 Target coupon (website--A note about Target website coupons: they change daily, so always be on the lookout!)
Final price: $1.49 each--Again, not the best deal I've ever gotten on dressing, but not too bad either

Clementines 3lb bag, sale $4.99
Used $1.00 off Target coupon (booklet). This coupon was for a 5lb bag but it still went through okay
Final price: $3.99

Note: I just saw that tomorrow there will be two coupons for Cuties (Clementine brand) in the Smartsource insert. If you already have the $1.00 Target coupon you may want to wait to get an even better deal, although the clementines might not be on sale next week.

Milk, sale price $1.99
No coupon needed!

Kraft cheese, 8 oz, sale $2.19
Used $1.00 off Target coupon (website)
Final price: $1.19--I usually try not to pay more than $1 for cheese, but this was pretty close.

3M brand duct tape, reg. $5.19
Used $1.00 off Target coupon (booklet)
Final price: $4.19--We've been needed duct tape for a while and I keep putting it off because I can never find it in the store, but I finally decided to make more of an effort since I had a coupon! :)

Tylenol Cold, 20 pill pack, reg. $5.04
Used $1.00 off Target coupon (booklet)
Used $2.00 Tylenol coupon (on box)
Final price: $2.04--I never pay full price for Tylenol; there are always coupons for it. And usually with the coupons you can get it cheaper than off-brand.

American Greeting Cards, reg. $0.50-$1.00, depending on card
Used $1.00 off WYB 3 Target coupon (booklet)
Final price: as low as $0.17 per card! Talk about a deal! I hate buying birthday cards; they're so expensive!

Heinz 57, reg. $3.64
Used $1.00 off coupon from who-knows-where
Final price: $2.64--Normally I would have waited for this to go on sale, but my coupon was about to expire. And $1.00 off is better than no dollars off! :)

My receipt says I saved $18.50. Of that $15.50 was coupons and the other $3.00 was sales. Odd that it came out to $3.00 exactly, but I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment